Hospice of the Valleys charity shops raise over £175,000 a year to help fund the specialist palliative care service for patients and their families living with a life limiting illness in Blaenau Gwent. Every £1 that we raise in our shops is spent on the care of patients.
We have 5 charity shops in Blaenau Gwent; Abertillery, Blaina, Brynmawr, Ebbw Vale and Tredegar. We also have a shop in the Heritage town of Blaenavon.
Each of our shops sell a range of goods including:
- Good quality clothing for women, men and children.
- Electrical items (excluding white goods and IT equipment). All electrical items are PAT tested for safety.
Our Ebbw Vale shop in Bethcar Street sells a good range of furniture including; sofas, beds and dining room sets. We also sell a smaller selection of furniture in our Abertillery, Blaina, Brynmawr and Tredegar shop.
Donating to the Hospice of the Valleys
We rely on your support in donating to us especially the following items;
- Men’s, women’s and children’s clothes
- Accessories such as shoes, belts, bags and jewellery
- DVDs and CDs
- Furniture – upholstered items must have a fire safety label
- Linens including bedding, curtains, tablecloths and rugs
- Baby goods including prams and nursery furniture
- Electrical items such as CD and DVD players.
How to donate to us
Donating items to us is really simple. You can:
- Drop off goods at your local Hospice of the Valleys shop.
- Arrange a free collection, call 01495 717277 for details.
Donations we cannot accept:
All donations must be clean, useable and of saleable quality. If you wouldn’t buy it then we probably won’t be able to sell it! The better the quality of your items, the more money we can raise from their sale. So please don’t donate books, video tapes, cassettes, analogue TVs or upholstered furniture which does not have a fire safety label.
We cannot sell anything that it would be unsafe for you to buy – anything that is broken, dangerous, unhygienic or that would be illegal for us to sell.
Please do not bring these items to us as we will have to incur costs for their disposal:
- Medication, solvents, used dentures, jewellery for pierced body-parts, used cosmetics and toiletries
- Mains or bottled gas appliances, petrol, oil or diesel-fuelled items, batteries, computer hard drives
- Food or drink, poisonous, toxic or hazardous substances, tobacco
- 18 certificate, counterfeit or homemade films and music
- Toys, nightwear or upholstered furniture items that don’t have the relevant safety labels
- Firearms, ammunition, weapons or realistic toy weapons, knives, blades or objects that could be used as weapons.
Delivery can be arranged for items purchased in our charity shops for a small charge.
Unit 1, 9-15 Church Street
Telephone Number 01495 213613
4 Beaufort Street
Telephone number 01495 312116
53 Bethcar Street
Telephone number 01495 303002
77 High Street
Telephone number 01495 290233
82 Broad Street
Telephone number 01495 792317
Charity Shops Gift Aid
Help us to make your donation go further
By Donating high-quality items to the Hospice of the Valleys, you can help us raise vital funds for patient care.
If you are a UK taxpayer, you can help raise even more money by completing a Gift Aid form when you make a donation of goods, this will enable us to reclaim tax worth 25p in every £1 received through items sold. You will receive a unique ID number and a Gift Aid Card which can be shown each time you make a donation.
How it works
The Hospice of the Valleys will receive 25p for every £1.00 donated. This means that every £10.00 raised becomes £12.50—at no extra cost to you. Collectively this will make a significant difference to help us care for more patients and their families.